Rishel Angus – home of renowned B/R cattle – produces high quality Angus bulls and females that thrive under range conditions and excel in economically relevant traits such as calving ease, docility, heifer pregnancy, efficient growth, maternal strength and carcass value. It is these traits that Rishel Angus cattle will pass on to your herd to benefit your bottom line.
Since the beginning of Rishel Angus in 1966, they have stayed the course, producing cattle that meet the economic demands of all segments of the beef industry. They have used sires that they believe are “right for profitability” in the industry regardless of the fad or trend of the moment, in order to produce the next generation of herd sires that will produce profitable cattle for their customers.
Rishel Angus is in the business to develop genetics that their customers can use to drive more income to their bottom line through value-based marketing systems. At the same time, they recognize the need to maintain and strengthen the maternal values of the Angus breed.
Rishel Angus Core Values:
- We have always made fertility and reproduction our number one performance trait.
- We have always strived to select for fertility, milk, structural correctness, easy-fleshing ability, longevity and growth.
- It is as clear now as it was when we began that breeding by artificial insemination to the hottest bull of the year is not a program.
- There are major differences in ribeye and marbling ability, but we are not looking to produce the maximum for either trait. Rather, our objective is to eliminate sires that don’t produce a product that is acceptable to the industry.
- We continue to evaluate all traits in our selection of sires, not just a single trait, and attempt to have a balance of traits that work together and not against each other.
- Durability and longevity top the list of economic factors that affect the bottom line of our customers.
- We select cattle with superior economic traits and few management problems.
- Our goal is to produce cattle that are efficient and profitable for our customers